How To Dress For a Couples Photoshoot

One of my favorite parts of blogging is helping you all find outfits for special events or photoshoots. Matching with your spouse/family for a photoshoot can be quite difficult and the last thing you want to happen is to spend all this time outfit planning, getting everyone ready, get excited to see the photos only to be disappointed and ask yourself why in the world you wore that!!

WEAR SOMETHING EASY/COMFORTABLE/FITS WELL

Pictures can easily be ruined because something doesn’t fit well or is too high-maintenance. You definitely want to wear something you feel good in, but make sure it fits/photographs well that way it’s not something you have to worry about when you’re shooting. Getting pictures done can be awkward sometimes- “ok, now look at each other and laugh,” or “pretend you’re saying something in her ear” etc. Those usually turn out the best because half the time we’re like wait, what?! and just burst out laughing. My point is, the photographer is going to direct you into different angles and poses so the last thing you want to worry about on top of that is whether or your outfit is keeping up.

Things I personally would stay away from is anything super form fitting especially around your abdomen where you’re constantly worried about sucking in or the material gathering up weird. If you do wear something form fitting make sure its your right size and I 100% recommend wearing a form fitting slip/Spanx to keep everything nice and smooth. It makes such a huge difference and you can tell it in pictures too! Choose something low maintenance so you’re no worried about it wrinkling on the way there or something you have to constantly adjust like a bow on your pants or a top that keep sliding down etc. Going back to making sure it fits well, wear something that you’re comfortable in, but make sure it fits well. I love oversized clothes especially when it gets cold, but you don’t want to choose something that makes you look like you’re swallowed whole in pictures. Wear something that compliments your figure and alter it if you have to to make sure it fits well. We got ready for this photoshoot super early in the morning hence the tired eyes and my husband threw on a few pants before we went with these. I don’t remember the last time he wore these pants, if he ever did, but we went with them in a rush-Take some time planning your outfits…if we had, we’d make sure his were a little bit better fitted, oh and definitely skip the early morning shoots haha! Baggy eyes don’t look good on anyone lol!

MAKE SURE ALL THE OUTFITS COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER

We went with a very monochromatic color palette in this photo shoot so everything matches nicely. When I pay to get photos done, I always make sure I know what I will do with the photos. For instance, I knew I wanted to take a few of these pictures and blow them up to put in our new house, so stuck with more neutral colors in order to match our furniture/style. I wore a white dress, he wore white shoes; I wore grey shoes, he wore grey pants, etc. Try sticking with 2-3 main colors and then add little details of color if you want, but having a color scheme makes it so much easier to plan everyones outfits. I also tend to lean towards solids vs patterns because it’s timeless. I do love patterns especially plaid or floral but always be careful its not something too trendy or too overboard. I love seeing family pictures with different people in the pictures wearing certain patters for example mixing plaid and solids for a fall photoshoot but if you choose patterns try to keep it to a minimal and choose 1-2 patterns. For example, you don’t want to be wearing a striped top under a plaid jacket, husband is wearing plaid button up, one kid is wearing polka dots and another is
wearing striped tights and a plaid dress… you get the point, keep it simple.

KEEP THE HAIR SIMPLE

I always stay away from putting anything in my hair or doing it way different than my normal everyday style. I had a headband in my hair for my wedding and it was pinned half up. I remember constantly touching my hair to make sure it still looked good, pieces weren’t flying out, the headband was straight, my veil wasn’t falling out and  just wish I had just let it all down curled without all the extra stuff.

KEEP THE OUTFIT SIMPLE

Simple is key! I wouldn’t use this time to deck out into all your favorite bold accessories or try a new style you haven’t tried before. Sure, there may be trends you’re obsessed with now, but if you’re going for having pictures blown up and hung around your house, I’d stick to something more classy that won’t go out of style in a season or two. We’ll look way different in these pictures years down the road, but I won’t ask myself what I was thinking when I got dressed for this shoot because it’s so simple/timeless.

HAVE FUN

Now that you have your outfits ready, have fun with it! Getting pictures back is the best part of a photoshoot! During photos, just pretend that the camera is not there. Smile, laugh, and just be yourself!

DRESS || SHOES || BLACK VNECK (tons of colors) || SNEAKERS (more colors/this year’s style HERE) || PANTS (old from Zara, but he  also loves THESE

SHOP THIS POST

Welcome!

Here is some about text

Featured Posts

22 Comments

1. 6.12.20
    Chic Max Online said:

Incredibly best man toasts, nicely toasts. is directed building your own by way of the wedding celebration as a result are supposed to try to be witty, amusing and consequently unusual as well as. best mans speech wedding suits

2. 6.20.20
    top_sellar said:

We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. Sexy Club Dresses

3. 6.21.20
    ayan said:

Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in college.it is useful For me Great Work. stylish party wear dresses for girl

4. 7.14.20
    mahnoor said:

Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks couple seeking threesome

5. 7.21.20
    Alex Warren said:

Extremely pleasant and fascinating post. I was searching for this sort of data and appreciated perusing this one. Continue posting. Much obliged for sharing. couple seeking men

6. 7.21.20
    Unknown said:

Wow! You are looking so beautiful in these pictures. Thanks for sharing this amazing post. Fashion is a popular aesthetic in a certain time and context, especially in clothing and you truly have a good taste of fashion and style selection. Winter Sweaters is perfect for any occasion and never goes out of style. I'm a jewelry lover and I'll definitely try this look with my industrial piercing jewelry. In these days Industrial Piercing is a huge trend. Thanks.

7. 7.21.20
    Unknown said:

This is really something what, I’m looking for. Thanks a lot for this post. I love all the outfits that you shared. A fashion accessory is a decorative item that supplements one's outfit. An accessory adds color, style, and class in an outfit. Well, if I'd be asked to add accessories to my style, I would prefer Owl scarf in the first place. The Owl scarf have become very popular.

8. 7.26.20
    Fazil Seo said:

When you use a genuine service, you will be able to provide instructions, share materials and choose the formatting style. Sexy Teddies

9. 7.30.20
    Michael Smith said:

Regardless of whether of same-sex or other gender associations, unmarried couples face numerous bequest arranging issues (and openings). http://www.cuckolddatingsites.org

10. 8.11.20
    Akseosolutions said:

Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading. Strickkleider

11. 8.19.20
    best said:

If you are bringing cash, then the best currencies are US Dollars or Euros. Be aware that most insurance policies won't cover for loss or theft of cash. Credit cards are useful for large purchases but they won't be accepted in small restaurants, mini markets, local transport or taxis. abiye

12. 8.21.20
    Unknown said:

hey there, your site is cheap. We do thank you for work Women’s Clothes Made in USA

13. 8.21.20
    Unknown said:

14. 8.31.20
    SEO said:

Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! cuckold dating

15. 9.6.20
    best said:

The article illustrates the ways in which an Internet marketing company professionals can develop panda specific contents. panda headband

16. 9.7.20
    Sarah said:

For ladies who have their hearts set on wearing their preferred dresses despite the fact that it's zero degrees outside their homes, a raincoat will be their closest companion. It gives most extreme protection. lace flower woman dress slim waist sleeveless short woman girls camisole dresses

17. 9.8.20
    M Shoaib said:

Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my task in University.it is useful For me Great Work threesome dating site

18. 9.15.20
    M Shoaib said:

It is an extremely pleasant and fascinating post. I was searching for this sort of data and appreciated perusing this one. Continue posting. Much obliged for sharing http://www.swingersites.net

19. 9.16.20
    xyz said:

very nice… i really like your blog…mädchen partykleid

20. 11.11.20
    Hazel Jack said:

Great article Lot's of information to Read…Great Man Keep Posting and update to People..Thanks best about co lovers

21. 11.18.20
    levinho said:

Albeit unmarried couples plainly face difficulties that wedded couples don't, most are difficulties that can be overwhelmed with arranging. In any case, on the grounds that a large number of the issues talked about in this article are state-explicit, it is significant that unmarried couples setting up a bequest plan look for the advice of a lawyer acquainted with the laws of their conditions of residence. why sex toys banned?